Girl Scout cookies have returned to Roosevelt Island.
In the negotiations leading up to formal arrangements for Cornell to establish Cornell NYC Tech on Roosevelt Island, Islanders were promised that Cornell would “adopt” PS/IS 217. PTA parents have since been looking for ways to formalize that relationship, and to make that adoption more meaningful. In that spirit, in a move backed by Principal Mandana Beckman, they proposed to rename the school The Cornell Tech Roosevelt Island School.
Islanders are showing some impatience with Cornell NYC Tech, its construction process, its air-quality monitoring, its intended trucking schedule, and its attention to some form of integration with PS/IS 217.
Thoughts from our readers...
Happy Holidays! Cornell Tech was happy to welcome Roosevelt Islanders to a Town Hall meeting on Monday, December 8, to provide updates on our construction and community initiatives as our campus development continues to take shape.
Creative expressions of the white stuff with which we have a love/hate relationship will decorate Roosevelt Island this Christmas, thanks to RIVAA’s annual holiday group show. This year, the title is – appropriately – Snow.
The family of Anna Maria Mostrom has hired an attorney, and has filed a notice of claim against the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation.
The Roosevelt Island Historical Society (RIHS) has a two-part mission. We want to preserve the kind of Island history that can slip away with the passage of time. And we want to communicate that history, and its importance, to anyone interested – in fact, anyone who will listen.
Thoughts on the Island's post office...
When Rossana Ceruzzi received an early-morning phone call about a bird banging its head against the front door of 560 Main Street, she jumped out of bed, dressed hastily, and went out to investigate.
- Adventures Off-Island
- Cabrini Parish Gets a New Priest – from India
- A Saga: 3,000 Pounds of Lamp Base. (Really.)
- Press Release: Cornell Announces Health Tech Curriculum
- Big Turnout Sought for Cornell Session
- Parents' Network at 400 Families
- PTA Wants School Named for Cornell
- NYPL Previews New Branch Due in 2018
- Subway Hike Will Hit Tram Riders, Too
- Soccer Wraps After Strong Season
- Reggio Emilia on Roosevelt Island
- Getting Coler Ready for Another Sandy
- Insurance Provides Home Care for Chronic Cases
- Islander Prizewinner With Bike New York
- Fixing Healthcare Despite Hospitals
- F-Line Adventures Off the Island
- Beacon, Cornell Enlivening After-School
- Deli Renovating
- Islanders: Romania to America, Audiologist to Artist
- G&T Program Lifts All of PS/IS 217
- RIOC Hit on Past Financial Control