The RIOC Board's real-estate committee met Thursday night (March 19) in a well-attended session to discuss, in public, its plan for management of the space heretofore occupied without charge by The Main Street Theatre & Dance Alliance (MST). Afterward, John Dougherty of the MST Board said the organization feels good about what's in store once the full RIOC Board adopts the plan as expected, in its March 26 meeting.
Seawright's Early Start in Politics
Rebecca Seawright’s first dive into politics came when the county leader of her 4H group was fired without explanation.
Selma: Tragedy and Triumph
Islanders Todd Jagerson and Jennifer Dunning were there 50 years ago when Bloody Sunday spelled the start of something big.
Feedback from our readers...
Cornell Tech has appointed Juliet R. Weissman as Chief Administrative Officer.
Cornell Provides Barging Figures
Cornell has been listening. In a Cornell Community Task Force meeting last week, the University supplied the trucking and barging specifics that the Roosevelt Island Community Coalition (RICC) has been seeking.
RIOC: Pay Advance Rent for Chapel
RIOC wants the Island’s Catholics to pay advance rent – three months’ worth – for advance scheduling of the Chapel of the Good Shepherd.
Lack of Elections, Lack of Choice
What can be done about RIOC and the RIOC Board of Directors?
The history of Bike New York is the history of the Five Boro Bike Tour.
- The RIRA Column - Mar 14, 2015
- Adventures Off-Island
- Island Wine Filling Gap for Imbibers
- RIOC Demanding 90 Days Advance Rent Payment from Island's Catholics
- RIRA Wants Public Funds Freed
- Coldest Winter
- Seawright Promises Self-Governance Bill
- Delays on Fix of Tram Elevators a Hardship for Many
- Stroller Moms Lament: Tramway Elevators Down
- Pamela Stark Is New RIDN Director
- Editorial: Outrage
- Artist's Medium: Sweet Shop Window
- The RIRA Column - Feb 28, 2015
- Community Column: Women's Health Org
- Adventures Off-Island
- Fundraiser: RIVAA to Sell Islander’s Art in Fundraiser
- Historical Society Offering Antique Valuation
- RIOC to Charge MST For Cultural Center
- RIOC Plans $37 Million Capital Work
- Trellis Return Delayed; Retail Concerns
- The RIRA Column - Feb 14, 2015
- island observer
- Community Column: Island Cats
- Kallos: State of the District
- Waterfront Alliance Likes Ferry Plan
- Mayor Calls for Ferry Service, Affordable Housing [+Video]
- $50M to Cornell from Verizon
- Islanders: Detective Mary Fitzgerald A First Among the Finest
- Audit Exposes Nature of Child School Problems Under Ferrera
- Questions Remain on Cornell’s Commitment On Barging vs Trucking
- Characters at Dusk Features RI's Dan Nistor
- WNYC Finds Association in Poverty and MetroCards
- Scot Bobo's Main Street Sweets Is Part of a Slow-Motion Retail Renaissance
- Like Father, Like... Daughter
- Teen's Guide To NYC
- State Ruling May Kill Public Purpose Fund
- Recreating the Roaring Gatsby Era
- Trellis Owner Sees New Retail Dawn
- NYTimes Reports on Cornell Tech's New Twist on the MBA
- CB8 Seeks Members
- Cornell Files for CoLocation Building
- Residents Voice Concerns on Cornell
- RI's Girl Scouts Have Your Cookies
- PTA Wants Cornell Name at PS/IS 217
- Press Release: Cornell Announces Health Tech Curriculum
- Big Turnout Sought for Cornell Session
- Parents' Network at 400 Families
- PTA Wants School Named for Cornell